A very simple, quick recipe. Delicious for breakfast with a strong cup of coffee or tea and in the late afternoon accompanied by a mild aperitif.
2 large eggs
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup freshly made strong coffee
1 tablespoon sunflower oil
1+3/4 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3 tablespoons Armagnac
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Butter for preparing medium sized loaf pan.
1. In a medium size bowl combine the 2 large eggs, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup strong black coffee, 1/2 cup honey and 1 tablespoon sunflower oil by spoon or electric mixer.
2. Add flour, baking powder and soda, cloves, nutmeg and cinnamon.
3. Add 3 overflowing tablespoons of Armagnac.
4. Blend well and pour into a butter greased loaf pan.
5. Bake at 300/150 for 1 hour. Let cool in pan, then cover.
Keeps 1 week if you’re lucky….