- ALREADY SUBSCRIBED?
SUBSCRIBE NOW TO SUPPORT BONJOUR PARIS
Support us for just $60 a year
Fill in your credentials below.
Peach and Raspberry Clafoutis
Clafoutis is a regional dish from Limousin traditionally made with cherries and it’s now popular throughout France. It can be called a pudding served either sweet or savory.
- 1 lb. peaches, halved and sliced into eighths
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup whole almonds, blanched & skins removed
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 6 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon raspberry liqueur (framboise) or kirsch
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 400°F. Butter a 2-qt. gratin dish and lightly dust with sugar
1. Arrange the peaches in the dish & sprinkle the raspberries on & around them.
2. In a food processor, combine the almonds & the flour, then process until finely ground. Add the milk, 4 tablespoons of sugar, 2 eggs, raspberry liqueur & salt, then process until well mixed.
3. Pour this milk mixture over the fruit in the baking dish. Dot with the butter & sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar over the top.
4. Bake 30-35 minutes. The top should be golden & custard should be set. Cool for 15 minutes.
5. While the clafoutis is baking, whip the cream with the confectioner’s sugar & vanilla extract until soft peaks form.
Spoon the warm clafoutis onto individual plates & add a dollop or two of the cream on the side.
Debra Fioritto contributes delicious French recipes to BonjourParis—follow her at: @DebraFioritto on Twitter, Fabulous French Food, Julia’s Paris & Provence and Tour de Forks Uncommon Epicurean Adventures.
Peach raspberry clafoutis by ©Debra Fioritto
Grab your own free subscription to BonjourParis & be first to receive Wednesday & Sunday newsletters linked to 50 original stories monthly with travel tips & the latest from France. Since 1995, BonjourParis has been your most complete online France travel & Francophile lifestyle eZine. RSS feed available.
If it’s at Amazon.com, you can get it at our Amazon.com Boutique with new items added weekly. Same competitive prices and speedy delivery & your purchases support costs of keeping BonjourParis your most complete online France travel resource.
Search hint: start at the back pages for the most recent stock.
1. Around My French Table: More Than 300 Recipes from My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan [Oct. 2010 bestseller]
2. French Lessons: Recipes and Techniques for a New Generation of Cooks [new May 2011,
Over 300 simple recipes, a comprehensive & colorful volume on French cooking demystifies French cuisine]
3. AN OMELETTE AND A GLASS OF WINE [2009 edition] by Elizabeth David. A class for every home kitchen.
4. Julia Child’s The French Chef (Spin-Offs) [new in July 2011 about Julia’s TV cooking shows & their influence]
An island of calm between Latin Quarter & St. Germain-des-Prés…
Le Jardin de Cluny is a charming 3-star hotel w/only 40 rooms located between Notre-Dame, Latin Quarter, Luxembourg Gardens & Sorbonne—so much to do, yet on a quiet side street. Walk 5 minutes to Saint Germain-des-Prés, markets, shopping or museums. Non-smoking, eco-friendly hotel w/comfortable suites w/free Wi-Fi, flat-screen cable TV, modern bathrooms. Daily breakfast. Staff described as courteous & helpful; breakfasts also complimented, just two reasons why nearly 200 past guests rated this hotel an average of 8.5 of 10 at Booking.com.
**** Eligible for the best-price match guarantee from Booking.com.
Bookmark this link & use it everytime you shop so your preferences are stored & deals are updated when you return: Booking.com.
One-stop shopping for car rental & international air travel deals:
Car rentals at competitive rates, no drop fees & a 5% discount for BonjourParis.com readers who use OUR link. Bookmark & always use this AUTO EUROPE CAR RENTAL LINK link so your preferences are stored & new deals added for return visits.
Don’t overlook Auto Europe for international flights–bookmark & always use this Auto Europe Flights link for updated deals based on your preferences.
Leave a reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *