1. Thomas Voeckler of France wins the Maillot Jaune in Tour de France on Bastille Day. Photo: ©AP-Peter Dejong.
2. Tricolor Vespas. Photo:©Carina Okula.
3. Honor Ceremony. Photo: ©agen47.
Band performs at Versailles white picnic. Photo: ©Stephanie Dayle.
Versailles white picnic. Photo: ©Carina Okula.
1. Montpellier military parade. Photo: @domib34
2. Paris Champs-Elysées military parade. Photo: @Agen47
3. “Love you so much, dude.” Paris Champs-Elysées military parade. Photo: ©LucaChen
1. Bals des sapeurs pompiers, 11ème, Paris. Photo: ©Lindsey Marsh.
2. Les anciens. Photo: © Stéphane Barbery.
3. Pompiers de Saint-Priest, France. ©Pompiers de St-Priest.
Click to watch video of real firemen of St-Priest in a “flash mob” dance.
4. Firemen’s refreshments stand, Bals des sapeurs pompiers, 3ème, Paris. Photo: anon BP reader.
1. Fireworks in Lyon. Photo: © Dreamland69.
2. Rouen fireworks. Photo: ©-T0-.
3. Lyon fireworks. Photo: ©Dreamland69.
Cannes fireworks. © J. Salmoral.
To watch the entire Paris fireworks sound/light presentation, “Musicals, Broadway in Paris,” click and go to a Daily Motion (video) site presented by the Mairie de Paris.
Aerial view of Eiffel Tower. Photo: © y.caradec.
Dali Wiederhoft is the executive editor and a Francophile always counting the days until her next Paris visit.
Sign up now for your own free subscription to BonjourParis & we’ll send you Wednesday & Sunday newsletters that link to original France travel stories, news, recipes and travel photography. 50 original stories monthly from your most complete online France travel & Francophile lifestyle eZine. RSS feed available.
Did you know you can buy anything from Amazon.com at our store? Anything a Francophile or traveler needs: books, digital readers & cameras, imported food & beauty products, movies & music, cooks’ essentials, plus imported gifts at our BonjourParis Amazon.com Boutique? You benefit from competitive pricing and speedy delivery as your purchases support costs of keeping BonjourParis your most complete online France travel resource. Merci in advance for your support, we appreciate every centime.
Search hint: start at the back pages for the most recent stock.
One Hundred and One Beautiful Small Towns in France: Food & Wine
[Sept 2010 release] Beautifully illustrated & informative, One Hundred & One Beautiful Small Towns in France: Food and Wine explores the local delicacies, food and wine in the most beautiful parts of France. Organized by region, a wonderful guide to finding the best French food & wine shops and markets. Calvados apple brandy from Normandy; galettes from Finistère in Brittany; Burgundy boeuf bourguignon & the vendange (harvest); Alsace flammekueche, a tart of local cheeses, speck, and onions. Appendix w/useful addresses & phone numbers to plan your trip includes hotel listings, restaurants, wineries & shops plus info re: where to find local delicacies & the choicest goods.
One-stop shopping for air, hotel & car rental deals:
To rent a car with a 5% discount for BonjourParis.com readers, click Auto Europe Car Rental
To rent a hotel, click Auto Europe Hotels
To buy international flights, click Auto Europe Flights
Leave a reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *