Please fill in all fields and then click Submit.
Once submitted, your comment will be sent for approval by one of our editors.
Tarte aux Framboises: Raspberry Tart with White Chocolate and Mascarpone
This recipe was inspired by a small pastry shop in Angers named Laurent Petit. I visited every day and saw he did fantastic things with raspberries.
Tarte aux Framboises ~ Raspberry Tart
For the crust:
- 1-1/3 cups cake flour
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2-cup) cold, unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 Tablespoon cold water + 1 extra teaspoon of cold water if needed
For the filling:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1-1/2 oz. white chocolate
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- optional: splash of Framboise, Kirsch, or other eau de vie
- 12 oz. raspberries
Make the crust:
1. Put the cake flour, cocoa powder, sugar and salt in the bowl of a food processor and pulse briefly to combine.
2. Add the butter pieces and pulse until the mixture is crumbly.
3. Lightly beat the egg yolk and tablespoon of water together.
4. While the food processor is running, add the egg/water through the tube and process until it starts to clump. You may have to add the extra teaspoon, so that it will clump together.
5. Turn the dough out into a sheet of plastic wrap and roll into a ball. Flatten it into a disk and wrap the plastic wrap around it. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
6. Roll the pastry out into an 11-inch circle and fit into a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes. Place a baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 350F.
7. Place the tart on the baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temp.
8. While the tart is baking, prepare the filling: Scald the cream in a small saucepan. Chop the chocolate.
9. Place the chocolate in a bowl and pour the hot cream over it. Stir until smooth and let cool to room temperature. Mix the cream and mascarpone cheese together. Optional: Mix in a splash or two of Framboise.
10. Put the filling into the shell and smooth with an offset spatula. Top with the berries.
Debra Fioritto contributes delicious French recipes to Wednesday issues of BonjourParis. Click on her name to read more about her Tour de Forks culinary tours or to collect the many recipes she has shared here.
Subscribe for FREE weekly newsletters with subscriber-only content.
BonjourParis has been a leading France travel and French lifestyle site since 1995.
Readers' Favorites: Top 100 Books, imports & more at our Amazon store
We daily update our selections, including the newest available with a pre-release of 30% discount. Find them by starting here at the back of each section, then work backwards page by page.
Pierre Hermé has a March 2012 release...order now for pre-release discount. Click on an image for details.
Click on this banner to link to Amazon.com & your purchases support our site....merci!