Rolled Peppers with Cheese ~ Poivrons roulés au fromage
(pwa vhron roulay o froh majh)
Instead of roasting this colorful combination of bell peppers, which can take a while and leave your kitchen smelling like smoke, I suggest you drop them in boiling water for about 10 minutes, then peel them. This is so much easier!
Please marinate the peppers in the best olive oil you have.
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 2 green bell peppers
- Fresh mozzarella balls, thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- Fresh basil to garnish
- Fleur de sel, pepper
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Cut the bell peppers in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds and ribs.
- Put the peppers into the boiling water and boil for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from the water and drain the peppers. When these are cool to the touch, the skins should be easily removed as you rub your fingers over the skin.
- Cut each pepper into 4-8 strips of about one inch, but this depends on the pepper. Sometimes the red peppers are large and long; usually the green and yellow are a bit smaller and more rounded.
- Place strips in a shallow plate and liberally drizzle olive oil over the bell pepper strips and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Cut the fresh mozzarella balls in thin rounds.
- Depending on the size of the pepper strip, place a round or half a round on a strip and roll it up. Skewer with a toothpick so that they remain closed.
- Place the pepper roll on a plate. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add some chopped fresh basil and serve.
Debra Fioritto  contributes delicious French recipes to Wednesday issues of BonjourParis. Click on her name to read more about her Tour de Forks  culinary tours or to collect the many recipes she has shared here.
Subscribe  for FREE weekly newsletters with subscriber-only content.
BonjourParis has been a leading France travel and French lifestyle site since 1995.
Try the cheese paper, we swear by it to extend the life of your living, breathing & costly cheese.
Thank you for using our link to Amazon.com…we appreciate your support of our site.